Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Sugar, Water, and Photography


One of my hobbies/interests is food and nutrition. I don't claim to be an expert but after so many years behind the camera I have noticed a relationship between diet and healthy skin. I often joke that there are only two food groups - Sweet Fat and Salty Fat. Usually people think of Fat as the problem. I think of sugar as the problem. So when a friend of mine asked about what she might be able to do about her acne. I replied “Cut out Sugar and while you're at it cut out rice, potatoes, processed foods…” (most of us know this list). Why starches also? because starches quickly become sugar in our bodies. I told her “Not forever just a few weeks to see if there are any changes.” A quick google search “Acne and Sugar” will reveal a TON of info on the relationship between the two. One more thing -Water - Drink plenty of it. I believe that our overall health shows on our skin. Eating better will go a long way in helping us look and feel better. If you know you will have a photoshoot coming up in a few weeks, it cant hurt to start focusing on eating better now.

www.shotbyasavage.com

No comments:

Post a Comment